Thursday, September 8, 2011

Delightful News of Late


My faux fur stole is featured on the cover of the third volume of Pinnacle magazine!  I couldn't be happier with the styling and photo.  Love that birch tree wallpaper too.  I think it would be quite wonderful if I could cover my entire apartment in it...
Anyways, back to the magazine!  I had written about it previously here, but you should really go check out the full online edition on the official website.  There is some really great art, including a wooden piece overlayed with prints of Chinchillas, titled 'x10' by Christopher Lees of Wooden Coasters.  Word on the street is that there will be a bunch of these glossy magazines being handed out at New York fashion week!


The second exciting project I have been working on is a full scale peacock for JoAnn Fabrics to introduce their fall line of products... featuring peacocks, of course!  This is the largest Horrible Adorable I have made yet.  Look to scaled image above.  The bird ended up being approximately 3 feet tall, but it's ornate train is even longer.  


I enjoyed putting in all the flowery details and meshing their concept with my stylized approach.  


Perhaps this curious bird will make an appearance at Crafty Bastards in Washington DC.  I suppose it just depends on if he will be comfortable with the room I have left in my car!  Toting so many boxes and display pieces is a problem I encounter with every show, but hopefully it can be solved with a new super collapsible display board.


Cheers!

No comments: