Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pittsburgh Day Trip

Mattress Factory (love that Yayoi Kusama room!)

Randyland is a short walk from the Mattress Factory.  Explore the garden of odds and ends from years of garbage picking and say hello to Randy!

Goldifox and turtlechicks are a couple of the silly things you will find at Trundle Manor

Wild Card Boutique

I took a little day trip a few weeks ago with my friend (and paper collage extraordinaire) Adrienne to Pittsburgh.  We had fun visiting some familiar museums such as the Mattress Factory (a unique museum filled with installation art... not mattresses) and also exploring hidden gems!  Trundle Manor, a private collection of oddities, strange taxidermy and home to a dapper fellow who stays in character as he gives you a tour, is one of these gems.  One of my favorite visits of the day was the shop Wild Card.  It's a huge indie craft boutique packed to the brim with prints, jewelry, home goods and clothing.  Stop in and check out the charming Laura George mural!  Maybe this would be a good shop to sell Horrible Adorables??  

I apologize for neglecting my blog lately.  I have been in the hectic process of moving and fixing up my new house!  Everything about the house has been happening so fast and I have barely any time to focus on anything else!  I am so excited to share pictures of it and Horrible Adorables' new headquarters here on my blog.  I chose a swoon worthy mint color for my studio walls ;)

No comments: