Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Stitched


Tasty Treat

"Yummy!"

So excited to see my name alongside the likes of Travis Lampe, Joshua Ben Longo, and Amanda Louise Spayd!

I am excited to announce that one of my creatures is to be included in the incredible soft sculpture exhibit "Stitched."  The show will be held at Clutter Gallery (inside Clutter Magazine's headquarters).  I always enjoy creating work for gallery shows, because I get to make more complex and creative pieces that communicate thoughts that I am unable to convey in my normal work.  The new piece titled 'Tasty Treat' is a continuation of the work I produced for my solo show "Chirps and Chatter" at Art Star last fall.  It was all about exploring interactions between the strange creatures.  I don't feel like I am done exploring this concept, so I am excited when I get the opportunity to revisit it, since so much of my time is dedicated to building stock for craft fairs and fulfilling custom orders.

It is one of my dreams to have my creatures made into a line of vinyl art toys, and since this is what Clutter Magazine is all about... I'm hoping the right person views my work and sees some potential!

No comments: