Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Fabric8 Design Contest


Today I entered my competition piece for Fabric8.  Fabric8 is a collaboration between Spoonflower and Robert Kaufman Fabrics to discover eight fabric collections from emerging designers, based off of a chosen theme.  The theme this year is 'Cosmic Voyage!'  Out of the eight collections, one overall winner is selected for the ultimate prize of a contract with Robert Kaufman to develop a fabric collection for them!  
I decided to go with a cute space scene of critter-nauts harvesting stars with mischievous space creatures joining in on their fun.  I would love to see a whole children's room based around these characters!  Before I can even think about what I would design as this fabric's coordinates, I have to make it through to the first round of 100!  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of luck! I would love to see this win, it's fantastic! I love space and the style and colors are fantastic!

Weaveron Textile said...

this is nice post.